I have been so busy getting everything together for my trip that I haven’t had much time to stop and think, but when I do, my thoughts more often than not turn to gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for right now and in the stress of homework, work, doctor visits, getting passports, etc. it’s easy to forget that and just feel frustrated. So I would like to give a shout out to everyone and everything that is in my life right now, in particular (though in no particular order):
- The professors who wrote me my letters of recommendation for the Italy trip.
- The state of WA, WCC, and the U.S. for giving me a student loan large enough to go on the trip.
- My boyfriend, who not only encouraged me to go but who is staying home to watch my doggy while I’m away.
- My parents for helping me (in so many ways) with the trip.
- My bosses for not only encouraging me to go on the trip and letting me leave on 3 weeks notice but for allowing me to return to work after it’s over.
- My awesome friends for supporting me.
- My pets for getting me through the more stressful moments with their soft, luxurious fur.
- The passport office for getting me my passport so very quickly.